UPDATE – March 27th, 2020
In accordance with the latest COVID-19 update, our offices will be closed but our lines will be available between March 30th and April 3rd, during normal business hours. We are postponing any non-emergency or elective dental procedures during this time. If you have any questions, please give us a call.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
UPDATE – March 18th 2020
In an effort to support national efforts to fight the COVID- 19 pandemic, our practice is taking the following proactive steps to help assure your health, well-being and that of our community:
- We are following directives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as a way to limit patient and staff exposure to this virus
- This week, March 20th, we will be open until 1pm
- We will suspend all non-emergency care for the week of March 23rd thru March 27th
- If you have an existing appointment we will reach out to you and reschedule as future dates become available
- Our phone lines will remain open during normal business hours and our afterhours emergency line will operate with no interruptions for existing patients
- Our doctors and staff are on-call and prepared to attend to all urgent issues immediately for both existing and new patients who are suffering from an urgent dental issue
The safety and well-being of our staff and patients continues to be our primary concern. We will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 through the CDC (Center for Disease), VDH (Virginia Department of Health), VDA (Virginia Dental Association), and ADA (American Dental Association) to keep you up-to-date regarding our plans to reopen for business as usual.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
NOVA OMS Team
The health and safety of our staff, their families, our patients and the surrounding community are our top priority. We want to assure you that we are taking all of the necessary precautions as an organization to ensure your safety and health when you visit our office. Our team will continue to monitor all updates and reports from the CDC (Center for Disease Control), VDH (Virginia Department of Health) and the VDA (Virginia Dental Association). We want to ensure that we minimize the long-term impact on our offices as the virus ripples through the our nation.
Please contact our office to reschedule your appointment if any of the following apply to you:
- You/anyone in your household/close proximity with anyone that has traveled internationally, been on a cruise or has been to any of the major hot spots in the last few weeks
- You/anyone in your household/close proximity with anyone that has been sick in the last few weeks (or is currently sick)
These symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Runny or stuffy nose
According to the CDC, if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever/symptoms of respiratory illness such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider immediately. Your health care professional will work with your state's public health department and the CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19. If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please take steps to safeguard others and remain at home.
Everyone's help is needed to reduce the spread of the virus to protect ourselves, our families and each other. Here’s how you can help:
Wash your hands
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick with vomiting or diarrhea
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
- Avoid hand shaking
- Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Limit your contact/gathering of people
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when sneezing or coughing
For more information please visit the following sites:
- CDC COVID-19
- Coronavirus Guidelines – The White House
- World Health Organization – COVID-19 Outbreak
- Virginia Health Department – Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Virginia Dental Association
There is a possibility of mandatory closure. If that action occurs, we'll be sure to contact all of our patients immediately and update this page.
-NOVA OMS Team